Stack Cake recipe! Hello everyone this will be my first recipe. Dec decisively, I’m thinking of adding my own recipes to the site. I believe I will enjoy it and I am very excited. 😀 I just got a chance to meet the administrator of the site.
I think he writes recipes very well. He’s got his own narrative style. and that makes me energetic. I think the narrative style should be in the form of conversation. It’s a blog site, after all. It shouldn’t be spoken in a robotic way. Well, to be honest, it made me happy. It’s amazing to find a friendly narrative style.
I wish the year 2020 will be as good for you as it is for me. I got an opportunity and I’m lucky. Now let’s move on to the recipe.
The ingredients needed to make the cake:
- Butter – 175 gms, plus extra for greasing
- Eggs – 3
- Self raising flour – 350 gms
- Ground Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 175 gms
- Apples – 3 medium
- Dates, halved, stoned and finely chopped – 100 gms
- Blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped – 100 gms
How to make Stack Cake ?
- Heat oven to 180°C. Lightly butter a deep 20cm loose-based or spring form round cake in, then line the base with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter by heating it and then cool it for 5 minutes. Crack the eggs into the butter and beat well. Mix the flour with the cinnamon and the sugar.
- Core and cut two apples (unpeeled) into bite-size chunks. Mix the apples into the flour along with the dates and half of the chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour the egg and butter mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir together. Spoon into the tin, smooth the top.
- Thinly slice the remaining apple (unpeeled) into circles, discard the pips, and then arrange over the top of the cake. Sprinkle over the remaining hazelnuts.
- Bake for 50 mins-1 hr until the cake is cooked and risen. Check if it is done by pushing a skewer into the centre – it should come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin, peel off the paper and transfer the cake to a wire rack. Cool completely. Keeps for up to 3 days.